+ COVID-19 Parish changes – first post in this new parish blog space (& INFO LATER UPDATED)
NOTE ADDED SOME DAYS LATER TO THIS POST:
ALL CHURCHES ARE NOW CLOSED BY LAW, WEEKDAYS AND WEEKENDS. NO INDOOR OR OUTDOOR MASSES ARE PERMITTED.
Please kindly still see 1-4 below and join the communication effort to keep the people connected.
INFO – HEALTH – MASSES – KEEPING PEOPLE CONNECTED
Greetings from me (Fr Paul) to you & loved ones in this critical time of COVID-19. As of now, up to date parish details will be posted here in this new section on the parish website named ‘We Belong – Parish Blog’.
As the weeks unfold, this might also serve as a space to share some good connection and spiritual nourishment.
Firstly – Please help someone get this news
If you know someone who needs some technical help to access this parish blog or who has no technology access, can you kindly do at least one of four things?
1. give them a friendly hand with their computer or device so they feel confident – and check in with them how they’re going with remembering the technical steps
2. let us know in the parish office (with the person’s permission) their name and contact details, so we can arrange a parishioner to do step 1. with them as above (parish office is email@example.com)
3. commit to being the very regular phone or ‘over the fence’ parish connection point for that person
4. let us know in the parish office (with the person’s permission) their name and contact details, so we can arrange a parishioner do step 3. with them as above (parish office is firstname.lastname@example.org)
Secondly – Masses this week (This no longer applies – church now closed by law)
##WEEKEND MASSES – we are not permitted to gather 100 people inside – SO the plan, pending other advice, is that we will have
-NO Saturday 6pm Mass for the moment
-TWO OUTDOOR Sunday Masses (covered space – school yard) 8.00am & 9.30am
- Chairs will be available on the verandah of the hall before the 8am Mass
- Pick up a chair (for you and anyone who cannot carry one) and take it into the parish school yard, where we will spread out under the covered area
- We will trial this idea, this weekend – and we will keep the Masses simple
- While we are permitted, and according to the health advice in our country in this unusual time, let’s try this as a way to share friendship and prayer as we are nourished in Word and Sacrament
- We will re-stack the chairs on the hall verandah after 9.30am outdoor Mass
- For now, outdoor baptisms will also be available
##WEEKDAY MASSES – are almost always under 100 people and so within current health instructions, weekday Masses will go ahead as usual. By law we will need to restrict access to under 100 people (This no longer applies – church now closed by law)
##RECONCILIATION – (one to one) – is available in the church 5pm Saturday (This no longer applies – church now closed by law – Initially from Monday, Reconciliation will be by appointment in an outdoor area. Please call 47351041. We may be able to develop a regular time and process for Reconciliation. Updates will be made in a new blog post)
Details in this post are accurate for the weekend of 21-22 March only. Watch for updates.
Every good wish of God’s blessings to you and yours at this time
With friendship in God’s mission,